I remembered that Maureen created this tag a few months ago, so I decided that I'll do it. I may re-do this post in video form just because I love the songs so much, but we'll see.
If you don't know what Hamilton is, it is basically a hip-hop/rap musical about Alexander Hamilton, which is a very odd combo, BUT IT WORKS! Sophia made an awesome video about it, so check it out, she does a great job of explaining the whole concept and whatnot. ALSO HERE'S THE PLAYLIST!
I'm going to slightly edit one or two questions that Maureen came up with, but it'll be pretty much the same. On with the tag!
1. The Room Where It Happens: A book world you would put yourself in. For this one, there's so many worlds I'd want to go to, but I'd honestly want to go to Hogwarts (duh). I'm still waiting for my letter, don't worry, it's just stuck in the post.
2. The Schuyler Sisters: *Angelica! E-li-za! ...and Penny* An underrated female character. Clarisse from the PJO series, I feel like no one appreciates how strong of a person she is. She wasn't in any of the Heroes of Olympus books and I missed her dynamic. Clarisse is a confident female, even though she's tough and doesn't have many genuine friends.
3. My Shot: *I am not throwin' away my shot! You know, I'm just like my country, I'm young, scrappy and hungry and I am not throwin' away my shot!* A character that goes after what they want and doesn't let anything stop them. Celeste from The Selection series. I just read all the novellas from The Selection and a short feature story was from Celeste's point of view. The entire time, she kept pushing herself to become the queen, even though it wasn't for her happiness but rather because she wanted the title.
4. Stay Alive: A character you wish was still alive. SPOILERS FOR THE OF POSEIDON SERIES BY ANNA BANKS! I honestly wish Rachel was still alive, she added such a fun dynamic and lightheartedness that was missing from the last book. Her death's effect on other characters also contributed to why I didn't enjoy Of Neptune.
5. Burn: The most heartbreaking end to a relationship you’ve ever read. SPOILERS FOR SARAH'S KEY BY TATIANA DE ROSNAY! I couldn't think of any romantic relationships, but I do know about the brother-sister relationship in Sarah's Key. The fact that Sarah's brother died thinking that she'd come back for him was just so heartbreaking to me, I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry my eyeballs out.
6. You'll Be Back: *And if push, comes to shove, I will send a fully armed batallion to remind you of my love! Da da da da DA! da da da da DAY ya da dada da da DA-A-A* A time when a character tried to become independent, but you knew it wouldn't work out (CHANGED). SPOILERS FOR NEW MOON BY STEPHENIE MEYER! Characters always have that stage when they don't accept that they're the "chosen one," but I thought it was hilarious when Edward tried to leave Bella in New Moon. I knew that there was no way he'd leave her to flounder in her own stupidity, so I had to laugh at that one.
7. The Reynolds Pamphlet: A time you wanted to slap the main character (CHANGED). MILD SPOILERS FOR CITY OF ASHES BY CASSANDRA CLARE! In the first chapter of City of Ashes, Simon tried to pretend that he was dating Clary, which bothered me so much because he never actually got her consent or anything. I don't know who I wanted to slap more: Simon for doing that or Clary for letting him.
8. Non-Stop: A series you marathoned. I've marathoned a lot of series in my lifetime, but the marathon I distinctly remember is the Percy Jackson challenge I did in August, which was one Percy Jackson/HOO book per day leading up to Percy's birthday. It was definitely exhausting, but I had fun doing it and it was a great refresher!
9. Satisfied: *My name is Angelica Schuyler. Alexander Hamilton. Where's your family from? That's unimportant but there's a million things I haven't done and just you wait, just you wait!...Handsome, boy does he know it! Peach fuzz, can't even grow it!...I know my sister like I know my own mind, you'll never find someone as trusting or as kind.* The biggest plot twist you've read (CHANGED). We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. DANG THE PLOT TWIST! I did NOT see that one coming!
10. Helpless: A relationship you were pulling for from the very start. MALEC :))))))))))) HONEY I WAS ON THAT STUFF FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY OTP! The moment they met, I knew it was too good to be true (also I kept envisioning Magnus as an old man, which didn't exactly help, but it's all good now). Yes, they are my loves and my beautiful baby cinnamon rolls.
11. Say No To This: Guilty pleasure read. I don't really have guilty pleasure reading, I'm pretty loud and proud about what I read. Some people judge me for liking contemporaries, but they amuse me and help me out of reading slumps. The book world is a no judge world.
12. What Comes Next: A series that gave you major book-hangover (CHANGED). I've had book hangover a lot, and while I know it doesn't fit the exact definition of book hangover, any time I drop a book I just don't feel as keen to start another one. I'm not sure if it's just fear of dropping another book or because the world feels incomplete. Let me know in the comments whether you feel the same way. When I dropped Beautiful Chaos, I had major book hangover and I can't even look at the shade of yellow on the spine without getting a headache.
13. Right Hand Man: Favorite BROTP. I love Percy and Blackjack in the PJO books, but I also love Leo and Percy (the sass levels are way too high to handle). I also love Percy and the sass (because the sass is enough that it counts as one full person) to make Persassy.
14. What’d I Miss: A book or series you were late to reading. Um, I read the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices last year, but I'm caught up now. It was fun and I'm kind of glad that I waited just because I got to experience reading them for the first time and appreciate it, too.
So that is it for the Hamilton book tag! Please go listen to Hamilton and change your life for the better!!! I guess I'm supposed to tag people, so I TAG SOPHIA FROM THE BOOK BASEMENT AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO DO IT! Link it in the comments so I can read/watch you do the tag, too.
Follow us on Instagram @once.upon.some.fangirls
Follow us on Twitter @ous_fangirls
Friend me on Goodreads at goodreads.com/CaramelOUSF
Comment below any of your answers to these questions and what your favorite/least favorite songs from Hamilton are!