So I went to the book sale yesterday and I didn't scour all the baskets like I normally do, looking for any books. I went, and I only looked at YA (except I did end up getting non-YA books that I happened upon). I'm not really sure HOW, but all the books I got, minus one, are hardcover.
These are all the books I've bought since my last bookhaul, but only 1 of them wasn't bought secondhand. So, without further ado, here they are:
- Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes: You KNOW I went and got this the day it came out. It was Percy's birthday, so my well-spent money was my gift to Percy. Now, if you don't know what this book is, it's basically a reference book on Greek heroes narrated by Mr. Percy Jackson himself. If you don't know who Percy Jackson is, finish reading this post, then sprint to your local bookstore or library and get The Lightning Thief and maybe the rest of the books while you're at it. Trust me on this one.
- The Help: I have read this book, but when I saw the hardcover, I couldn't say no. This book is actually an adult book, but you can read it as a teen if you want. It's about a town called Jackson, Mississippi and it follows 3 women: Skeeter who just graduated from Ole Miss and wants to be a writer, but all her mom wants her to do is get married, Aibileen who is a maid with no family, and Minny who is a maid that is being abused by her husband. I don't want to ruin the story, but it's basically the story of how they each change each other's lives. It's an amazing book, and I highly recommend it.
- Inkheart: Inkheart is the first book in the Inkworld trilogy. It follows Meggie and her father, and they're Silvertongues, meaning that they can read characters in and out of books. In the book, her dad accidentally releases characters from a book called Inkheart and her mom ends up inside the book. I read this book a LONG time ago and I actually watched the movie too. I never continued with the series, but it's one of Gazelle's favorites so I'm hoping to finish it.
- Inkdeath: Inkdeath is the final book in the Inkheart trilogy, so I'm not going to summarize it due to spoilers. I didn't find Inkspell in hardcover, only softcover, so I just got the first and last one in hardcovers.
- Mockingjay: If you didn't notice in my reorganized bookshelf tour, my copy of Mockingjay doesn't have a cover, because I was stupid enough to buy it without one. When I saw the hardcover with a jacket, I grabbed it, and I'll probably just donate the one without a jacket. Also, if you don't know ANYTHING about the YA world, Mockingjay is the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I'd be surprised if you haven't read it, or even heard of it, because my parents have read them.
- The Outsiders: I don't know a whole lot about the Outsiders, but I think it's one of those books you just jump into. They read it in Fangirl, and a ton of my friends have told me to read it. This is the only book I bought that was softcover, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't come in hardcover.
- Twilight: Now, I know what you're thinking. But hear me out: I saw a boxed set that looked brand new of all the hardcover Twilight books with posters for each of the books inside. I couldn't pass it up, especially since it was boxed and hardcover. Twilight is about a girl named Bella whose best friend, Jacob, is a werewolf and she's dating a vampire. I never read the series, so I thought I might as well have them and maybe I'll pick them up one day.
- New Moon: The second Twilight book.
- Eclipse: The third Twilight book.
- Breaking Dawn: The final Twilight book.
So those are all the books I have gotten since my last bookhaul. Please let me know if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them.
Just as a side note, we are trying to extend our fields, so please follow us on the links at the bottom of this post, we're on Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads, and Google+.
See you guys with a new post,